Thursday, 3 October 2013

After effects

Lately I have been using after effects a lot after trying to animate my film title, I watched 2 YouTube videos explaining the basics of after effects and also the basics of how to animate. After watching these I played around on after effects and made new compositions made shapes and added effects to it to get used to the tools and the layout. I then watched a YouTube tutorial on how to create a smoke animation in after effects using shapes, effects, feathers, opacity and keyframes in order to animate it. After watching his I decided to make my own, so I created my smoke effect then added my movie title in to it using key frames and markers to animate it. 

I then also decided I wanted to try and animate my production company titles so In order to do this I watched a few more YouTube tutorials on how to create motion graphics in after effects and because of this I am going to create a galaxy for my 'Starlight Movies' production titles, I am going to use new techniques of lights and effects as well as orbits and 3D camera editing on after effects to create this. 

My next aim is to then animate my inter titles in after effects, as the ones I created  seem pretty dull and boring against the animated ones In professional trailers. To do this I will create my inter titles again in after effects but I will animate them word by word using keyframes so they are similar to the ones in the evil dead trailer. 

Using this new piece technology is rather complicated at first but it's just takes time and patience to sit down and understand it, I found the YouTube tutorials really helped me out a lot using this software as it explained the simple tools and how to use them as I would never have figured this out by myself. Overall I like using this new software and feel semi confident using it, I think my skills can be developed but I think this will come in time as I use the software more often for the rest of my trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment